This is a How To guide for clients who wish to be able to create codes on behalf of their company to distribute to students manually via email, receipt print-off, or something similar. The end user would be required to then log into bookshelf.vitalsource.com to enter this code and redeem to gain access to their purchased materials.
This is best for a basic integration with a Point of Sales system to offer basic digital materials. The information below explains the APIs and steps to take to complete this level of integration:
Integration Difficulty: Basic
Steps to Integrate
1. Find your catalog at the endpoint below by following the directions here
2. Make your codes at v3/code - Create by following the directions here
3. You can now distribute these codes to a POS, via email or print them.
- Key items to note about these codes
- You have created codes that allow VitalSource to associated the title, and expiry terms applied upon creation, but NOT the underlying user of the content.
- The association to a user is created when the code is redeemed into a user account
- Once you have these codes you need to instruct your customers to visit bookshelf.vitalsource.com where we can aid them in:
- Accessing VitalSource Bookshelf through a browser
- Adding one of our optional installed apps
- Redeeming the code in our online or app versions of VitalSource Bookshelf