This is a How To guide for clients who wish to be able to create codes on behalf of their company to distribute to students manually via email, receipt print-off, or something similar. The end user would be required to then log into bookshelf.vitalsource.com to enter his code and redeem to gain access to their purchased materials.
This is best for a basic integration with a Point of Sales system to offer basic digital materials. The information below explains the APIs and steps to take to complete this level of integration:
Integration Difficulty: Basic
Steps to Integrate:
Key items to note following this transaction:
- VitalSource knows the Bookshelf code, the associated title, and expiry terms applied upon creation.
- VitalSource does not know the intended Bookshelf user and will not until the Bookshelf code is redeemed.
- Upon receipt of the Bookshelf code through the web services call, the publisher must communicate the code to the intended recipient. Typical communication includes instruction on:
- Accessing Bookshelf Online through a browser
- Downloading and installing the Bookshelf application
- Redeeming the Bookshelf code through either access point