When producing this version of our APIs VitalSource chose to produce two endpoints that replace the deprecated eSampling CRM API.
In place of the prior single API we now have a POST endpoint for sending in sampling requests that includes a few more fields. To get information about your sampling history we have a GET endpoint that allows you to specify which time-frame you are requesting.
The primary differences are:
- Key based authentication not IP based
- POST to send us a sampling request
- GET to see what we have received from you
- More parameters you CAN pass on a sampling request
- Minor changes to field names, for what is now a POST sampling request
Recommendations - Create
Send US/Canada Sampling URL:
Send UK Sampling URL:
Field Map from eSampling API (deprecated) to Recommendations API
eSampling CRM param
Full documentation for the recommendations API can be found here
Engagement - Details
The engagement API is designed to request your entire data set of sampling requests. This API is simple to use. The parameters are designed to assist you in specifying your request time window.
Full documentation for the engagement API can be found here